Thursday, February 9, 2012
Ringo 2012 [Amazon.com Exclusive CD+DVD Version]
Ringo Starr's 17th solo studio record, titled simply "Ringo 2012" and produced by Ringo, it was recorded in LA and mixed in England by Ringo and Bruce Sugar, and features 9 songs.
Of the 9 tracks two are covers, "Think It Over," and "Rock Island Line" and two are new versions of his own songs, "Wings" and "Step Lightly."
Joining Ringo in the studio for Ringo 2012 were musicians (in alphabetical order): Michael Bradford, Ann Marie Calhoun, Matt Cartsonis, Steve Dudas, Charlie Haden, Amy Keys, Kelly Moneymaker, Richard Page, Van Dyke parks, Kenny Wayne Shepherd, Dave Stewart, Bruce Sugar, Benmont Tench, Joe Walsh , Don Was, Edgar Winter.
Ringo 2012 is the fabulous sound of a man you know and love working in the groove of a lifetime and making an album with nine songs that vividly reflect his life yesterday and today. "This album is me doing what I do here and now," says Ringo, "and nobody's more qualified to do that than I am!" In fact, one of the only things that didn't come easy for Ringo Starr making Ringo 2012 was the title. Ringo 2012 cannot help but recall the title of another classic album by Starr, 1973's Ringo -- in fact, Ringo 2012 features a startlingly new and improved version of "Step Lightly' from the massively successful Ringo, as well as "Wings" from 1978's Ringo The 4th.
Anthem (Richard Starkey/Glen Ballard)
2. Wings (Richard Starkey/Vince Poncia)
3. Think It Over (Buddy Holly/Norman Perry)
4. Samba (Richard Starkey/Van Dyke Parks)
5. Rock Island Line (Arrangement by Richard Starkey)
6. Step Lightly (Richard Starkey)
7. Wonderful (Richard Starkey/Gary Nicholson)
8. In Liverpool (Richard Starkey/Dave Stewart)
9. Slow Down (Richard Starkey/Joe Walsh)
1. Over 15 minutes of commentary + performance footage