Nashville Skyline is Bob Dylan's 9th proper studio album, released by Columbia Records in 1969.
The album marked a dramatic departure for Dylan, previously known for his groundbreaking, poetic folk music and rock'n'roll. Nashville Skyline, building on a rustic style he experimented with on John Wesley Harding, displayed a complete immersion into country music. Along with the more basic themes and simple songwriting structures, it introduced audiences to a radically new singing voice from Dylan - a soft, affected country croon.
The result received some mixed reaction from critics at the time, but Nashville Skyline, despite its brevity (it is Dylan's shortest album), was a commercial success. Reaching number 3 in the US, the album also scored Dylan his fourth UK number 1 album.
1. Bob Dylan "Girl from the North Country" (with Johnny Cash) – 3:41
2. Bob Dylan "Nashville Skyline Rag" – 3:12
3. Bob Dylan "To Be Alone with You" – 2:05
4. Bob Dylan "I Threw It All Away" – 2:23
5. Bob Dylan "Peggy Day" – 1:59
6. Bob Dylan "Lay Lady Lay" – 3:20
7. Bob Dylan "One More Night" – 2:25
8. Bob Dylan "Tell Me That It Isn't True" – 2:45
9. Bob Dylan "Country Pie" – 1:35
10. Bob Dylan "Tonight I'll Be Staying Here With You" – 3:23
* Bob Dylan - Guitar, Harmonica, Keyboards, Vocals
* Johnny Cash - Vocals
* Pete Drake - Pedal steel guitar
* Kenneth A. Buttrey - Drums
* Charlie Daniels - Bass guitar, Guitar
* Bob Wilson - Organ, Piano
* Charlie McCoy - Guitar, Harmonica
* Norman Blake - Guitar, Dobro
* Earl Scruggs - 5-string Banjo (on Nashville Skyline Rag)
* Charlie Bragg - Engineer
* Neil Wilburn - Engineer